Orthodontics for Children in San Antonio and Boerne, TX
We recommend that all children visit an orthodontist like Dr. Beitchman between the ages of seven and eight. Seeing children under the age of nine allows Dr. Beitchman the opportunity to intercept major problems before they start. This includes:
- Correcting and guiding the growth of your child's jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulating the width of the upper and lower arches
- Creating more space for crowded teeth
- Correcting thumb sucking
- Helping to improve minor speech problems
Your child may need early orthodontic treatment if he or she exhibits the following:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all
- Jaws and teeth not proportionate to the rest of the face
Your Child’s Experience
We treat all patients—whether young or just young at heart—with the same dignity and respect as we’d want for ourselves. During your child’s free orthodontic consultation, Dr. Beitchman will spend a significant amount of time not only diagnosing but also explaining in understandable terms the nature of your child’s orthodontic needs and how to treat them.
When it comes to interacting with our youngest patients, Dr. Beitchman literally likes to get down on their level. It is not uncommon to see him get down on his knees when a child is in the dental chair to talk at eye level. Dr. Beitchman believes in giving patients and parents as much time as they need to answer all their questions.
While not all children need to start orthodontic treatment at this time, this appointment gives us the opportunity to create a baseline to start monitoring your child’s orthodontic health.
Please contact our San Antonio or Boerne orthodontic offices to schedule your child’s complimentary orthodontic evaluation. Early treatment now will give us the chance to create your child’s healthy, beautiful smile for the future.